Welcome to my trail blog for my 2009 Appalachian Trail Hike! Here you can find all of my journal entries of my 2178.3 mile journey from Springer Mountain in Georgia to Mt. Katahdin in Maine. You can see my picture slideshow to the right, as well as a recap of my hike mile by mile and gear list. Download the ebook about my hike on iTunes. I hope you find my quest inspiring. Thanks for visiting and Happy Trails!

Friday, April 10, 2009

Update from Catawba VA 4/9/09

Hello!

Unfortunately I have not been able to access a computer recently, and do not have time now to update my blog. Just wanted to let you all know that I am happy and healthy on the AT! My dad and some friends are joining me to hike for the next couple of days which should be fun, and then I am off to Waynesboro where I will hopefully get the chance to catch up with my blog and add some more pictures to the album. Thanks for following me and supporting my journey, happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Harvey
    on the other side of the ocean, we are wating impatiently for your bulletins and your wonderful fotos from the Appalachians. It is amazing to notice that your are smiling on every single
    picture.
    Congratulations for your trek!
    Jura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Harvey,

    I'm a Cornell student and will be graduating after the fall semester. My sister, our friend, and I plan to hike the trail at this time next year, and are so glad you are writing this blog! A friend knew of my plans to hike the AT, and sent me your blog as you were her RA. It makes me very excited and eager to get out of school.

    I hope you don't mind, but I sent a plug to the Sun about your adventure. I am friends with some of the editors, and basically said, "Read this, write about it, it's awesome. And everybody loves stories about dogs and their owners!" I haven't heard anything yet, but it may be an article in the new "Red Letter Daze" section where they write about various cool things.

    Well, happy hiking!

    Brandon

    ReplyDelete