Welcome to my trail blog for my 2009 Appalachian Trail Hike! Here you can find all of my journal entries of my 2178.3 mile journey from Springer Mountain in Georgia to Mt. Katahdin in Maine. You can see my picture slideshow to the right, as well as a recap of my hike mile by mile and gear list. Download the ebook about my hike on iTunes. I hope you find my quest inspiring. Thanks for visiting and Happy Trails!

Monday, May 25, 2009

Birthday and RNews story

Today is my 22nd birthday! Woohoo. I'm looking forward to some mini-golf, batting cages, and Dinosaur BBQ with my family and a close group of friends. I am still planning on hitting the trail this Wednesday, but still have to organize the food drops for the second half of the trip. Lots to do. I also wanted to post a link to the RNews story about my hike that aired yesterday in Rochester. Click below to see the story.
http://www.rnews.com/content/other_features/viewfinder/472528/a-walk-with-harley/Default.aspx
I just got back from spending the weekend in Maine for Rachel's graduation. It was great to see all of our friends and was tough to say goodbyes. Hope to see many of them soon.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome news coverage! You are a true small town celeb. Also, the beard is growing in so good. Jen made me shave mine during my visit this weekend. I'll have two months or so to grow something else out. Happy Birthday and have a great week with Rachel. ~ Steamboat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harvey, I miss tracking your progress. Can't wait to see you back on the trail, but I'm glad you got some rest and time with family and friends. Keep up the great work.

    -Josh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann (Harvey's Mum)June 2, 2009 at 8:02 PM

    Hi Jolly Rancher,
    Steamboat is chasing at your heels - he's in Pennsylvania already! Hope you're having a fun week with Rachel (what's her trail name?).
    Newsflash - Gump has been accepted to study abroad in Chile :)
    Keep smiling,
    Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I stumbled across your packing video on YouTube while watching various videos about the AT and have been catching up on your blog since.

    I'm planning on making the trek myself next year, and so far, it has been quite an inspiration to read about your experiences.

    Looking forward to your next update! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday, Harvey! Sorry, we haven't been keeping up - just been too busy to be on the computer much! When are you getting back on the trail? Good luck - hope you enjoyed a great break and that you are having a good time!

    Best wishes, Nicki & Paul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I've been following your blog and have been telling many friends about your adventure. Hope the break was relaxing, and looking forward to more updates!

    ReplyDelete